Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, New Resolve and Hopes

Here I sit trying to catch up on the blog I have so long ignored. My guilt is not so much for not sharing all that has gone on in our lives the last couple of months but that I haven't expressed my thanks for the many blessings in our lives. We have a wonderful family, great friends and neighbors that watch out and care for us. Kortney calls everyday to check on us. She is our "glue" that keeps us all knowing what each other is doing. Each of our family has their own special little place in my heart. All of us have been so blessed by the many acts of kindness that has been shown to us especially since September. We appreciate good doctors, medicine and above all prayers and love. As I sat in the funeral recently of a friend and listened to a little grandaughter "belt out" a song about families I am so very thankful for eternal families and that I truly know I can be with mine forever.
What a year this has been! I really can't believe what an old age I became this year. I thought people were pretty well washed up at my age. Somedays I do feel a bit washed but I do believe there is still a little kick in this old lady. I've had new experiences I wished I hadn't had and lots that I'm glad I did. Thanks to everyone for what you do and what you mean to me. This holiday season has been filled with seeing my family show the true spirit of giving and the love and hope it brings to them as well as those they have given too. I enjoyed a little trip with my sister and lots of fun family gatherings. My wish for the new year is health and happiness for each of my family and our friends. Thanks for the love you have shown me this past year!

2 comments:

The Foster Bunch said...

Family is wonderful, and we are lucky to have such a great and close one. The parties were lots of fun, and getting together just to see each other was even better.Thanks for being a wonderful aunt. You are the best!!

Tom and Michelle said...

Joan you are very neat lady, I have enjoyed being your neighbor when I was little and then getting to know you better. Have a Wonderful New Year. We are very lucky to have an eternal family.
Michelle (Webster) King