Wednesday, September 16, 2009

This picture is Jace swinging out over the lake at Pack Saddle. It made me think of the many "swings" that are happening in life. Just like this little boy swinging from way up high that was making even the big boys a little nervous he was brave and willing to meet the challenge. After several swings he let go and made the big splash and was ready to swing again. I know his bravery will be one of his big strengths now.

I think it was on one of the ironmanjace blogs that someone offered this quote and I've thought of it often lately:

"The greatest thing you have is the next 24 hours in front of you. The past is gone, the future is distant, TODAY you can succeed."

2 comments:

Tom and Michelle said...

Hi Joan, thank you for the wonderful quote. It helps remind me that not to worry about the past or the future but enjoy the present. I know that our family Milt and LuAnn Webster keeping you and your family in our prayers.

Colette said...

He is such a brave little boy. The strength of your family throughout this trial has strenghtened so many. I'm sure being grandma has to be so very difficult to watch your baby hurting for his baby! It was good to talk to you today but I could tell the tears were near so I didn't talk long. We'll keep praying for your family and for your grandson. Thank you for sharing that quote.