Monday, September 1, 2008

Petunias


First before I tell you my new secret for growing petunias you should know that petunias hate me. I have been trying for over 30 years to grow them. Everyone else has beautiful, full, spreading petunias. Mine grew straight up, one blossom on top and no fullness or spreading what so ever! In a gardening class this spring the instructor said these were the best trailing petunias and would just grow and spread and were so so wonderful. They are called bubble gum and would be so great. Yeah, let's see what I can do. I planted them carefully, set them on the steps where they could trail down the side and just as they were getting a good start a delivery man knocked them off the step. I didn't notice until I was on my way out the driveway. I stopped stuck the plants back in the pot because I was in a hurry and didn't even scoop much of the dirt back in the pot, something I thought I'd do later. You got it! The plants grew like crazy. The best petunias ever. Go figure.

2 comments:

g.suzie said...

Joan, I thought maybe you had given up on blogging, so excited when I saw a new post. Your flowers look beautiful, you are really amazing, you are always busy doing something. How is school?

Dustin and Shawnee said...

Hello,
I apologize for not returning your book... I finished it two weeks ago and I have yet to return it to you. Thank you again for letting me borrow it.