
Where were you when the world stopped turning that September day? As the words from the Alan Jackson song say where were you and what were you doing when you saw those first pictures and heard the news on that September day?
Tell me your memories of that day.
2 comments:
My memory.
Well Garrett and I had only been married 5 months. I was headed to work, and started hearing things on the radio. When I got to work everyone was in my boss's office watching the TV. I just remember the feelings I had of being scared.We all were allowed to go home and be with our families. Garrett was at school, so as soon as he got home we just sat and talked, and watched the TV. I remember just wondering what would happen next. It was a pretty scary day. I am so grateful for those amazing men and women who defend us everyday to make me and my family safe. I am ever indebted to them.
I was dropping Hayden off at Sheila's when she said, "Did you hear that a plane just crashed into a building in NY?" Then I went to school, and the whole faculty was rattled. We watched the second plane together. It was a pretty long day watching the news with my Juniors and Seniors-- me trying to be the adult with all of the answers...(none of the answers). Crazy stuff.
Post a Comment